Since we first launched Mobius at the end of 2019, we’ve gotten quite a few questions about the differences between Mobius and Vitamin, and why you might choose one over the other.
There are certainly some similarities between the two programs:
- They're both designed to help you move better.
- They both include a lot of ground movements.
…but that’s about where the similarities end.
What's the difference between Mobius and Vitamin?
Mobius is a progressive program that helps you develop specific skills in often neglected directions and ranges. You start with basic movements and work your way up over 24 sessions to improve your agility and skill with dynamic transitions.
Vitamin differs in that it’s not progressive; it’s cumulative. In other words, you don’t build your skills by repeating them again and again, but you accumulate challenges that stimulate the central nervous system and increase motor control and efficiency over time. It’s more exploratory, so instead of aiming to perfect each movement, the goal is simply to experience and notice how each one feels as you try them.
Why should you choose one over the other?
It really depends on your goals.
We recommend Vitamin if you’re looking to:
- improve your overall motor control
- get more movement variety
- make movement more of a daily habit
- learn to love moving again
Mobius is a better choice for you if:
- you’re a dancer, martial artist, gymnast, or other “mover” looking to improve your agility in your chosen sport/hobby/activity
- you’ve gone through Elements and you’re looking to go deeper with dynamic transitions
- you are looking for a progressive program where you can see your progress with specific skills over the course of the program
With both Vitamin and Mobius, we highly recommend going through Elements first to build a foundation of strength, flexibility, and motor control. This is not absolutely necessary depending on what your background is, but for the vast majority of people, going through Elements first will help you get even more out of Vitamin and/or Mobius.
If you have questions about which program is right for you, just shoot us an email and we’ll help you out.